Currently using an older laptop, how hot should it get before I should focus on cooling it down.

Smile_

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
i'm currently working on getting another cooling fan, maybe getting the fans looked at. Right now, I typically just have steam, Spotify and Chrome out, and tend to hover around 65-70 degrees. When I load up a game, it'll rise to about 80-94 depending on a variety of factors. I've never seen it go past 95, though.

Here's the stuff I would get about my computer from the Control panel: https://i.snag.gy/dzIovG.jpg

I've been getting conflicting info about the subject. Some of the articles say it's fine
to be at that range, and others say you should throttle it immediately if it hits that range. any feedback would be appreciated.

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
anything beyond 85c is a cause for concern...get a cooling pad and see if that helps...its relatively inexpensive...
download hwinfo and see which part is heating up more specifically...
also do u have a gpu in there???

Smile_

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

I don't think I have a GPU here. I looked at the device manager and could find one, so...

I downloaded the program, but everything seems to be around the same heat.

I am planning on getting a cooling pad next month. Do you have any you'd recommend?