cursor jumps around while typing????

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieann63

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
I just downloaded that file... trying now to see if that fix fixed my brand new Dell Laptop that I wanted to send back!! I had been trying to type up a review. I just saw the curser shudder, which to me means that the program was doing the job! I take it the shudder was the curser wishing it could move up into my already typed text and ruin my day!!

I'm thinking THANK YOU!!! BEAKER55

Dieann63

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
I just downloaded that file... trying now to see if that fix fixed my brand new Dell Laptop that I wanted to send back!! I had been trying to type up a review. I just saw the curser shudder, which to me means that the program was doing the job! I take it the shudder was the curser wishing it could move up into my already typed text and ruin my day!!

I'm thinking THANK YOU!!! BEAKER55

There is nothing broken in the laptop that needs fixing, it's just your hands/palms touching the touch pad and moving the cursor. Since laptop touch pad has gotten so large, it happens to a lot of people till they learn to type with them. You can also turn down the sensitivity of the touch pad in the mouse options.

Status
Not open for further replies.