Question Custom laptop with high storage capacity

Nov 9, 2019
Hello all.

After researching I see no any models that meet my requirements:

Weight about 2.2 kg
4x2.5 SSD
2xm2 slots. If possible more.

Yes I'm understand that it will be expansive.
I'm a travel photographer and I need to store really a lot of images in one place. The external storage solutions is not so
conveniently while using. Even with 8tb external drives its not enough and I need to use 4-5 of them and each connection of drive consume some time. Online storage not useful for me because very often I dont have a strong connection which is a must for image size 200MB per image.

So I'm seriously planning to build a laptop with such specification:

4x Micron 5200 5210 Ion 7.68 TB SSD
2xSamsung EVO 970 2tb

The battery size should be very small I dont really care about battery time. Because of 4 ssd's there is not much space or weight of laptop will be about 3 kg.

Please if any one have suggestions and links to companies that can build such configuration post here.
I post the image of concept to be mo clear what I'm looking for:

http://prntscr.com/puskfk

As you may see there is still a lot of space so such setup is possible.

Thanks.

Nov 10, 2019
Hello all.

After researching I see no any models that meet my requirements:

Weight about 2.2 kg
4x2.5 SSD
2xm2 slots. If possible more.

Yes I'm understand that it will be expansive.
I'm a travel photographer and I need to store really a lot of images in one place. The external storage solutions is not so
conveniently while using. Even with 8tb external drives its not enough and I need to use 4-5 of them and each connection of drive consume some time. Online storage not useful for me because very often I dont have a strong connection which is a must for image size 200MB per image.

So I'm seriously planning to build a laptop with such specification:

4x Micron 5200 5210 Ion 7.68 TB SSD
2xSamsung EVO 970 2tb

The battery size should be very small I dont really care about battery time. Because of 4 ssd's there is not much space or weight of laptop will be about 3 kg.

Please if any one have suggestions and links to companies that can build such configuration post here.
I post the image of concept to be mo clear what I'm looking for:

http://prntscr.com/puskfk

As you may see there is still a lot of space so such setup is possible.

Thanks.

Hi I would recommend you just buying an external ssd for your storage and backups. I would not be sacrificing the power of the laptop itself whether your doing some projects under photography and videography.

Nov 9, 2019
Hi I would recommend you just buying an external ssd for your storage and backups. I would not be sacrificing the power of the laptop itself whether your doing some projects under photography and videography.
That exactly how I'm doing now. But There are a lot of cons for me:
- I need a lot of storage at least 4 external drives.
- It is hard to connect them all at one time
- It is consume space inside my bag.

For backups Im using my home NAS which is about 1 PB
Already send a request to two custom laptop companies. Will update this topic once they answer.