Custom Project: Car Amp/Sub + Amped speakers = Custom PartyBox

Doggman9

Honorable
May 6, 2012
I have two 10's and a 500w amp from JL audio sitting in my closet collecting dust so I've decided to build something cool with them.

What I want to do is create a 2.2 or maybe 4.2 system that is all connected onto the subwoofer box. It's not very practical, I know, but that's not the point.

The first thing I'm going to do is buy a ~750W PSU to power the 500W RMS amp I have and hook it up (already researched and learned how to do this :) ).

The next thing I want to do is buy either 2 or 4 satellite style speakers that I can attach on top of the subwoofer box. Was thinking I could get some marine speakers and a 2-4 channel amp to power them and then get that all running with a ~500W PSU.

With the above setup I would combine both power plugs from the PSU's into one so that there would only be 1 cord to plug into the wall. I also want a single cord for input, a 3.5mm audio jack.

This is where my question comes in.

Can I just use a 3.5mm splitter to send input signal (from an iPhone) to both amps? Will that work and not create problems (ie signal loss, quality loss, or anything else)?

Thanks to anyone who replies!