Customers of Fake Apple Store Demand Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
This is an interesting concept. If you own a store that mostly sells legitimate Apple products, do you have the right to call yourself an Apple store?

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
If the product is real and registerable (for warranty reasons), is it really necessary to try and get a refund? If it checks out can be sent for warranty repairs as if you bought from a real store then just keep the damn thing and be happy, asking for a refund for a perfectly good product just cause it wasn't an official Apple Store is just stupid beyond reason. All it shows is that the people wanted to be able to show off that they got it at a real Apple Store and show how hip they are...

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Another legitimate question is why would you angrily return an apple product just because the store isnt sanctioned?

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
The customer in question was sold a 13-inch MacBook Pro and iPhone 3G by the staff at the store. However, she was never given a receipt, but told to come back and collect it later.
um. If the store is fake might the receipt also be fake?

G

You aren't allowed to sell legitimate Apple products without their permission

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]jackbling[/nom]Another legitimate question is why would you angrily return an apple product just because the store isnt sanctioned?[/citation]

Because Apple Zealots wants to give as much of their hard earned cash to Steve Jobs. Not some 3rd party.

christop

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
I guess setting up and doing business is way different in China. You are suppose to have a business licenses before opening up a store. Also Apple are control freaks so you might want to make sure they ok you selling their products. Kinda sad that you would have to ask hey is it ok if I sell your overpriced products I would think Apple would love the extra money.

custodian-1

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
if you don't have a receipt (who would in there right mind leave a store without one) you can't get warranty (like buying of the back of a truck) wounder where they got their stock.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]Because Apple Zealots wants to give as much of their hard earned cash to Steve Jobs. Not some 3rd party.[/citation]

yep that pretty much sums up what an apple fanboy is

jcesmi

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]Shin-san[/nom]This is an interesting concept. If you own a store that mostly sells legitimate Apple products, do you have the right to call yourself an Apple store?[/citation]

Apple doesnt allow rights to anyone

[citation][nom]jackbling[/nom]Another legitimate question is why would you angrily return an apple product just because the store isnt sanctioned?[/citation]

Because it will effect your warranty. Warranties on Apple products start on the day they are sold by an Authorized reseller. As for the products those stores are selling their is no telling when the warranty starts. I would assume it would default to whenever they were sold from Apple to the distributor.

Given that the owner of the store refused to name the supplier. There is no way of knowing if they are stolen.

Since they set out to deceive their customers. I would not trust anything they said and would demand my money back. Just because of their dishonest business practice.

cloakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
[citation][nom]mcd023[/nom]I doubt that they'll make you an authorized reseller after you did it without permission![/citation]
Actually, since Apple has no morals, im pretty sure that as long as the store will make Apple money they would do it.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
They can't even spell "Apple Store" right (on the sign it said "Stoer")

and they hope they can be an authorized reseller ? LOL

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Apple has 4 stores in all of China and this guy opened 5 stores in one city. He's got some balls, I'll give him that.

I'd be pissed too. Mainly because of warranty issues! Apple products are not as cracked up as people think they are. Some have manufacturing defects, some die after a few months. They may look pretty on the outside, but the inside is made of some relatively cheap components. I know what you're thinking, "they last so long, they obviously use high quality parts!", right? Wrong. They appear to last longer because most people treat them like jewellery (probably because of the price tag they come with). If you take better care of any[/b] gadget it will last longer.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
this article reminds me of my first computer, it was a TANDY and I bought it from a Real Radio Shack store LOL!

In other news genetic apples have been found in local markets, Mother Nature is suing because she says that APPLES are an exclusive from her APPLE Trees.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]velocityg4[/nom]Because it will effect your warranty. Warranties on Apple products start on the day they are sold by an Authorized reseller. As for the products those stores are selling their is no telling when the warranty starts. I would assume it would default to whenever they were sold from Apple to the distributor.Given that the owner of the store refused to name the supplier. There is no way of knowing if they are stolen.Since they set out to deceive their customers. I would not trust anything they said and would demand my money back. Just because of their dishonest business practice.[/citation]
It's apple products that we're talking about! We all know that Apples do not break. What's warranty for again?

/end of trolling

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]anon31415926[/nom]You aren't allowed to sell legitimate Apple products without their permission[/citation]
Who cares who sells the products as long as they are legitimate? I know companies go nuts about what happens from the warehouse to the home but at the end of the day if I had bought something at one of those stores I would have considered myself lucky to even get my hands on an Apple product in China. [citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]I agree, what kind of idiot leaves a store with a few hundred dollars of product without a receipt? Oh I know...but I won't say it, because iBoys/iGirls complain about being called that....[/citation]
I know you should always get a receipt, but why should you need one for a warranty? Shouldn't there be enough bar codes and serial numbers on the box to qualify for a replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.