Customizable Android Phones Starting at $410

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Hmm, quite interesting. It almost seems like something I'd be interested in, but I'm not sure on the whole 4" screen business. 6" or 7" would have been perfect, imo.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Now, if you could just take your phone in and have upgrades added on whenever you wish, it would be absolutely perfect (no clue if they do it already, as I'm too lazy to actually research it, but it doesn't seem likely to me).

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
12MP camera with xenon flash, front facing camera, S-AMLOED (is it 640x320, 854x480, or higher? I'd pay extra for a 1024x720), BT 3.0, 1GB RAM, 32GB internal with a 32GB MicroSD etc.
I'm in love.

Though, with DVB-T, will it have HDMI out, or just RCA (have to ask, because I have two mp3 players that do RCA out, bot not HDMI, but I know some phones do HDMI).

I wonder however, how capable will these chips be? I know some of those chips can be OC'd quite well (set higher frequency while screen is on, but lower the stock frequency while it's off, evening out the battery life, hopefully).

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Woooo 0.o I hope this really takes off. i want to make me own phone :D if its compatible with both ATT and T-mobile 3G then i diffenatly want one for x-mas.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]Hmm, quite interesting. It almost seems like something I'd be interested in, but I'm not sure on the whole 4" screen business. 6" or 7" would have been perfect, imo.[/citation]
Hmm! this is a phone offering not a tab offering.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
I realize this is German outfit, but it would be nice if they could offer a CDMA version. There is no way in hell I would use T-Mobile or AT&T.

jazn1337

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
One glaring omission from the options and something that I expect will be a problem: expected battery life.

Customization in a phone will lead do differences in the most important aspect of how long it run. Here's hoping to them being able to list the option, or, at the very least, a note about how your choices affect battery.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
my jaw just dropped at the specs

LOL ever remember about the "wearable computer" and how we'll have keyboards in our sleeves and VR headgear hauling around a PC in a backpack.......

I'm so happy i forego all that with my android phone.

http://bit.ly/a8vuiH

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I remember the strap on phones that i had when i was in collage about 5 to 6 years ago (might of occured longer ago). horrable for texting. but perfect if you just want to call someone (bluetooth made this thing ausome), and it stashed away... sometimes i placed it just below me elbow just to keep it out of the way while i worked. an was still able to use it through me sleave :D

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Travis Beane[/nom]12MP camera with xenon flash, front facing camera, S-AMLOED (is it 640x320, 854x480, or higher? I'd pay extra for a 1024x720), BT 3.0, 1GB RAM, 32GB internal with a 32GB MicroSD etc.I'm in love.Though, with DVB-T, will it have HDMI out, or just RCA (have to ask, because I have two mp3 players that do RCA out, bot not HDMI, but I know some phones do HDMI).I wonder however, how capable will these chips be? I know some of those chips can be OC'd quite well (set higher frequency while screen is on, but lower the stock frequency while it's off, evening out the battery life, hopefully).[/citation]

I love that too. But I am sure that something that awesome wont have the battery life we would want.

Its a great idea. In fact I hope it becomes more of an option even with the carriers themselves. Myabe it will also be an option with Intels Atom SoC for smart phones.

palladin9479

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Amazing.. And now it begins! (quote off of babylon 5).

I know this is just the first offering, but imagine what will happen once the other phone manufacturers get on board with this idea. Unlocked fully paid customizable phone sent straight to your home for use however you want. The possibilities are endless...

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]I love that too. But I am sure that something that awesome wont have the battery life we would want.Its a great idea. In fact I hope it becomes more of an option even with the carriers themselves. Myabe it will also be an option with Intels Atom SoC for smart phones.[/citation]
Then I guess I'll buy 3 extra battery packs online for $20 a piece. :)
Assuming the battery pack is easily removed, is it is in most phones (took me a while to replace the battery in a friends iphone).

G

If it was 480, or 600p you could emulate dosbox on it, and play your older collection of games on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.