Solved! Cut the Cord...?

jlocasto

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Hi all. So I am making the move to cut the cord but had a few questions.

I have already determined that we will need to keep some form of internet service for the streaming programs we use, but my question is has anyone used the Tablo DVR/ Leaf 50 Amplified to record shows on "local" channels?
I am trying to decide if it's for me, but what i really want to know is if I get it, and set it to record, do I have to keep the tv on that input source while it's recording something?

My hope is that I can record some network shows without ever changing the input on the TV, and later just watching them on the Tablo app.

Any guidance is appreciated...

Joe

Solution
Never used one of them before. However, after looking at their website (https://www.tablotv.com/products/tablo-dual-ota-dvr/), I would you say don't need to keep your TV on the channel source. Basically, because the Tablo doesn't connect to your TV...it connects directly to the antenna & uses its own internal tuners.

Note that you have to either have a Smart TV or a compatible device (i.e. Roku, XBox, laptop/desktop PC, mobile device, etc.) in order to use the Tablo DVR -- programming it, watching the content, etc. Also, unless you get the Dual OTA DVR, you'll need to have a USB-connected hard drive to actually store the video.

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
Never used one of them before. However, after looking at their website (https://www.tablotv.com/products/tablo-dual-ota-dvr/), I would you say don't need to keep your TV on the channel source. Basically, because the Tablo doesn't connect to your TV...it connects directly to the antenna & uses its own internal tuners.

Note that you have to either have a Smart TV or a compatible device (i.e. Roku, XBox, laptop/desktop PC, mobile device, etc.) in order to use the Tablo DVR -- programming it, watching the content, etc. Also, unless you get the Dual OTA DVR, you'll need to have a USB-connected hard drive to actually store the video.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS