News Cutting the cord? These streaming services replace cable on the cheap

Jan 3, 2022
We've got your six best services to replace cable TV with. So why wait? Cut the cord today.

Cutting the cord? These streaming services replace cable on the cheap : Read more
At those prices, I don't see how any of them would be considered a good deal to replace cable TV. I still have Spectrum cable TV here in the Tampa Bay area, and the package that I opted for is called 'TV Choice'. Costs $40 a month, but there's a $10 promotion discount that's been in effect for awhile, so I pay $30. It's quite limited admittedly; a bunch of network channels like NBC, CBS, FOX, etc plus I get to pick 10 others (picked mostly sports channels, but also a couple of Hallmark ones, etc). If I want, I can 'cut the cable' and still keep those same channels via 'Spectrum Streaming' (that's still a $30 cost however, so I wouldn't save any money doing it). My whole cable TV/internet bill (with 200 Mbps that costs me $75 a month) is under $150 a month. I do however have Netflix, Paramount Plus and Prime TV, which together cost me another $20 a month. At least for the time being Henry, I don't see any advantage to signing up for YouTube TV or even the least expensive Sling. In my opinion, folks considering 'cutting the cord' need to each do a deep dive into what the TOTAL costs would be to feed their particular TV & internet habits in their area. Nothing's cut-and-dried any longer.

NotWhoYouThink

Prominent
May 25, 2022
Sling buffers so badly that we dropped it. Most of the time it couldn’t even connect to the channel we wanted. Switched to YouTube TV which works great and has what we want, but it irks me that after paying them all that dough each month, I still have to watch ads on YouTube itself.

May 25, 2022
These run downs never cover the question: Who lets you pause and rewind live TV? Just saying that a DVR service is more than watching previously queued content.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
We've got your six best services to replace cable TV with. So why wait? Cut the cord today.

Cutting the cord? These streaming services replace cable on the cheap : Read more
We have a Samsung "smart" tv which came with TV Plus. For free. We can aslo get IMDB, Tubi, Comet, Plex, Roku, Cheddar, and others.
What I don't like about any of the streamer you list is they all include beaucoup garbage channels that many people have no interest in. Since every streamer if computerised, it would be great if one could have a true ala carte selection. If Philo can off its package at $0.40 a channel and sling for $0.95 (Blue + Orange), then ala carte should fall in between. Unless the bean counters and marketers get in the way.