Cutting the cord was supposed to be our cheap future — then the price hikes hit

Tanquen

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
All we can do is cancel when they raise the price. I did the day that YouTube sent me the notice that they were increasing the price. Even when you pay for the commercial free then all the videos you watch have commercials in bedded in them anyway.

I also canceled Netflix and Apple TV. It's getting ridiculous. They offer less and less of what I actually want and try to force me to watch what they have more and more.

To this day, I do not know how anybody deals with the fact that you cannot hide or remove shows that you've already seen or that you know you never want to watch from any of the streaming services. This is absolutely bonkers. Then you have Netflix that removes reviews saying nobody used them which is totally untrue. They wanted to continue to force you to watch Netflix shows and promote Netflix shows and constantly remind you to watch Netflix shows and people giving them bad reviews was problematic.

I've taken to using the Just Watch app as they let you hide shows you don't like or have already seen from all the streaming services. It's definitely not perfect and glitchy, but it's better than spending 20 minutes in all the streaming sites, God awful menu systems designed by jerks tying to find something that you actually want to watch.