Cyber Acoustics CA-3602a Blaring Sound?

Will Willer

Honorable
May 13, 2013
Hey everyone. I have some Cyber Acoustic 30 watt speakers with the sub and every once and a while, while I'm listening to music (both through the speaker and through my headphones, which i connect through the dock that comes with it), they randomly freak out and play this extremely loud constant sound. I don't even know what to call it. I can get it to stop by switching the dock off and on again though. It's definitely not a static buzzing sound. Way worse. My audio stops and the siren takes over. I did some searching already and I can't find any answers, so I figured i'd look here. Thanks if you can recommend anything!

Solution
if you're hooked up to a pc or other device, could be feedback loop from microphone or similar.

or, emi of some nature possibly along the ground. such things as microwaves, wifi routers and similar electronics on the same outlets can cause this.

you may want to test to see if the noise comes from all sources with the speakers or if its a specific one. it could certainly be an electrical issue in the dock electronics/dac but only testing with multiple sources of audio input would tell you that.
if you're hooked up to a pc or other device, could be feedback loop from microphone or similar.

or, emi of some nature possibly along the ground. such things as microwaves, wifi routers and similar electronics on the same outlets can cause this.

you may want to test to see if the noise comes from all sources with the speakers or if its a specific one. it could certainly be an electrical issue in the dock electronics/dac but only testing with multiple sources of audio input would tell you that.

Solution