CyberGhost VPN: Speedy, Flexible, Half-Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiltek

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
CyberGhost VPN has a lot of features for a really small price - which made me select this VPN service. Before I was using HotSpot-Shield which was a lot slower and disonnected more often.

When comparing services I wanted to use, CyberGhost was my first option - because they are awesome! I lkie the Ghostie a lot and the no-logs-policy is exactly what I needed.

Features like the WiFi-Protection for my mobile devices is awesome too.

I can watch Hulu or Netflix wherever I am on this planet and using apps like uTorrent without a VPN connection is no longer possible, because CyberGhost automatically connects if I start uTorrent.

That made me feel much safer and helped me doing things I would not do without the software.

Sure, others also do a great job - but my decision was made because of a very low price and a very high service.

NordVPN and expressVPN do much to get me as a customer - but in the end it was a bit too much for me...

Have a nice and safe time!

Jun 27, 2018
More accurately...."There's an automatic kill switch to cut off the internet connection [in the event that the VPN service disconnects] when the VPN service is engaged"...

Jun 11, 2019
I erroneously signed up for auto-renew with Cyberghost. Some how I missed any way to turn auto-renew off. Sure enough, right on schedule, my Cyberghost subscription was renewed for another year. I contacted them via their support chat system. The only apparent way to contact them. I was told it would take 1 day to receive an email confirming my request for cancellation and a refund. And that the refund would take 5 - 10 days.

I explained that that was unreasonable as it took minutes for them to charge my credit card. But it would take 5-10 days to refund the charge. The contact named Joey didn't seem to think this was extraordinary. I'm sure if someone took $66 USD out of his paycheck he would be upset too.
To-date I have seen no email from Cyberghost confirming my request for a refund and cancellation of my account. Instead I got an email welcoming me to their VPN service for another year!
I will contact my bank and they will reverse the charge. Thus, thwarting Cyberghost's attempt to steal money from me.

rgd1101

Don't
I erroneously signed up for auto-renew with Cyberghost. Some how I missed any way to turn auto-renew off. Sure enough, right on schedule, my Cyberghost subscription was renewed for another year. I contacted them via their support chat system. The only apparent way to contact them. I was told it would take 1 day to receive an email confirming my request for cancellation and a refund. And that the refund would take 5 - 10 days.

I explained that that was unreasonable as it took minutes for them to charge my credit card. But it would take 5-10 days to refund the charge. The contact named Joey didn't seem to think this was extraordinary. I'm sure if someone took $66 USD out of his paycheck he would be upset too.
To-date I have seen no email from Cyberghost confirming my request for a refund and cancellation of my account. Instead I got an email welcoming me to their VPN service for another year!
I will contact my bank and they will reverse the charge. Thus, thwarting Cyberghost's attempt to steal money from me.
more like you make a mistake.

bignastyid

Splendid

It's not stealing when you have them permission to take it.

Jul 2, 2019
As I wrote in another thread, I would never use free vpn for my own safety. I would definitely recommend to go for reliable and known ones like nordvpn, express vpn or others and they offer good speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.