News Cyberstalkers are using this Windows 11 tool to track iPhone users — how to stay safe

May 19, 2023
Being able to use iMessage on Windows is great, but Microsoft’s Phone Link app could be used to spy on your iPhone if you’re not careful.

Cyberstalkers are using this Windows 11 tool to track iPhone users — how to stay safe : Read more
Well, I waited for this Phone Link to come out and was disappointed in a couple of days. It felt klugey and the hot button issue for me was having to rest my bluetooth settings in my car *everytime* I used the link with my desktop. And since I use bluetooth to connect my phone to my car this is a dealbreaker.

May 19, 2023
I think the security loophole is the idiot who leaves their phone unlocked and unattended so someone can take the phone back to a computer and setup phone link. I know on android you can easily go into phone link and see all the pcs that is linked to. I never had it interfere with any other Bluetooth connections or android auto.

May 19, 2023
Well, it definitely interfered with the BT connection between my iPhone and the car. 4 times in a row. Shut the link program off and the trouble disappeared. That's the extent of my problems with this app and it is a dealbreaker.