gamingking013

Prominent
Sep 3, 2017
My D90's camera lens starts shaking/vibrating violently after i zoom past 35mm

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rGFRLKtsc"][/video]

Solution
Does it auto focus at all once you zoom past 35mm? Do you have VR on? The noise sounds like the motor in the lense is having issues. Try cleaning the connectors or even trying the lense on another camera. Trying it on another camera would rule out connector issues.

googlyeyedchicken

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
Does it auto focus at all once you zoom past 35mm? Do you have VR on? The noise sounds like the motor in the lense is having issues. Try cleaning the connectors or even trying the lense on another camera. Trying it on another camera would rule out connector issues.

Solution

gamingking013

Prominent
Sep 3, 2017
It tries auto focusing for a while then stops, but if I move it a little bit it starts all over again, even with VR off the vibrations still come...
I'll try using the lens on another camera

googlyeyedchicken

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
Otherwise I would have it repaired because I think it's the autofocus motor. Of course you would be the one to know if it is not normal for the lense to stall while focusing. Some do but the sound on this is so loud that it can't be normal.

gamingking013

Prominent
Sep 3, 2017
No it isn't normal. I came back home after a shoot and found that it started doing that.... I'll check into sending the lens for repair.

Thanks alot I didn't have any luck in answers for long time!