Daemon Tools trouble

lespaul

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Here's my problem:

I've been using Daemon Tools for a long time to load CD images and play games, with no problems. Yesterday i installed ThumbsPlus 5.1 (the only thing i've installed since my problem started). Now when i try to load Daemon, i get a "Virtual SCSI Driver not detected" error. The only thing i can find in the readme, or at thier website is that error is sometimes caused when upgrading from Win2k to XP. Well i'm using 2k, but i've never had XP on this machine. They say to fix it to reinstall, which i've tried several times. I uninstalled ThumbsPlus, deleted all the registry entries for it i can find, then tried reinstalling Daemon again, but still no luck.

In the device manager i get a yellow exclaimation mark by the Virtual SCSI controller. I tried installing that driver through there with the 'Display a list of know drivers...', and that doesn't work either.
I tried to access Daemon Tools support forums for help but i get a 404 error, so if any of you guys could help me out, i'd greatly appreciate it.

System specs that might help:
Drives: Primary master- 40GB maxtor
Secondary master- 10GB maxtor
Primary slave- 52X CD-rom

lespaul

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
heh, well, i went and got the newest version and everything seems fine so far, no errors or anything.
If anyone does know why it was giving me that error, please share, cause i would still like to know just for informational purposes.

Thanks