David Cage: Microsoft Lied About Project Natal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
Didn't you know that questions of ethics always reside with the consumer? *Anything* the seller does is okay, though! It's not lying, it's m-a-r-k-e-t-i-n-g.

Acert93

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
First, Sony should look in the mirror and shut up.

As for the fingers, I guess no one has used the new Photoshop?

SRRAE

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
They lied? On a promotional information video demoing a hardware concept? I feel so cheated.

Any one who took that promo video as 100% what it would be like is a moron.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
You mean a company exaggerated the merits of one of its products in order to sell it? I am shocked…shocked and appalled. Next you will tell me the iPad is not really magical! However, this explains why I don’t get hot women all over me when I use my Axe body spray. They lied to me!

G

remember the ps2 launch with the ps9 promo? beamed right into your brain... yeah like the 9 will have that

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Its not unreasonable for software to take out body parts and make a good guess on whats missing from the image.

If the software knows that the image is a skate board, then after removing fingers... it should still be a skate board right? Does not take some kinda sophisticated technology from the future to do that. Just cleaver programing.

smashley

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
I don't think this is MS misleading people. At the time that video was released it was common knowledge that this is still in development. Besides, who says developers (not necessarily MS) can't come up with a way to do this. I'm not a programmer but it really doesn't seem like that complicated of a concept. Take a picture, slap it into a skin and apply that to an object. It may not be that quick or seamless, but it's gotta be possible.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I dont think anyone in the world would believe that natal throws a visible laser scan of any object, its just too much. And the fingers wasnt such a big deal. That was just a minor detail that noone barely noticed. And Everyone edits their ads to look more cool(Sony included).

G

anon_80 said: "remember the ps2 launch with the ps9 promo? beamed right into your brain... yeah like the 9 will have that"

Well, with the PS3 being given a 10-year lifespan thanks to Kaz Hirai, I'd say we're due the PS9 in around 60-100 years allowing for future interpretations of his 'easy to program' comment... should at least have a beta of brainbeam by then :S

gwwerner

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
It's just like the videos and demos that come with each new generation of graphics cards and directx. Just because future games can look that nice doesn't mean they will.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]Because, you know... The Playstation 3 does everything, and he doesn't feel cheated that he can't make toast with it.[/citation]

Your PS3 doesn't make toast?
My PS3 was bugged. It wouldn't STOP making toast.
I mean, there was so much toast that....well, there was a lot of toast. Glad they patched it though.

dtla1730

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
It's funny that...

a) Consumers never said anything about the misrep
b) an industry insider was "annoyed" by the misrep
c) so many sarcastic morons are so happy excuse situational dishonesty.

People who make excuses for corporate America are ridiculous.

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
It was a promo... I.E. Live action commercial for a prototype. Did Microsoft say.. hey look... we can scan objects perfectly with Natal. I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.