David Clark Headset adapter?

Odoul

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
Hello all,

I'm using a U3800 system from David Clark for a work project. The headsets get treated pretty rough in the field and often fail. We have been constantly buying new headsets or repairing them. I have decided it is time to look for an alternative. I'd rather buy 10 $20 headsets than 10 $400 headsets.

All I really need is a single ear headset with a microphone. The noise cancelling isn't necessary for my application. The tricky thing is finding an adapter for this plug which i can't seem to find much information on. Please help!

Here is an image of the plug: http://imgur.com/mQfqS7I

Radio System: David Clark U3800 This is the radio system.

The headset we're trying to replace: Efff these expensive headsets

Please help. I know nothing about headsets.

Solution
We use David Clark headsets in the Air Force (can't imagine any aviation company who doesn't use them), and yes they cost alot. I work on aircraft and my headset gets treated to garbage conditions, but I still take care of it and it has worked perfectly since I got it.

What headset specifically are you using, maybe I can find an adapter for a 1/4" jack.

argeru

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
We use David Clark headsets in the Air Force (can't imagine any aviation company who doesn't use them), and yes they cost alot. I work on aircraft and my headset gets treated to garbage conditions, but I still take care of it and it has worked perfectly since I got it.

What headset specifically are you using, maybe I can find an adapter for a 1/4" jack.

Solution

Odoul

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
We use the ultra lightweights for 3 stations and the single ear headsets for one station. I will edit this with model numbers once I get to the shop in a bit. As far as what we would like to use, anything cheap. These guys don't take care of things real well. (Oilfield). Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.