dead new battery after format

firstmajor

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
Hello,

i just formatted my Toshiba protege z930-b112 , and although there are still some drivers to be downloaded as they appear in the device manager, as soon as i remove the laptop from the AC, it shutdowns, both the new and old battery do the same, although before format, it was working perfectly.
i suspect a software issue.

can anyone suggest, might it be that i need to download bios ?

Hi,

It's pointing towards more on being a hardware issue the connection between the battery connector to the motherboard. Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a hard reboot, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
- Boot the laptop without the battery first and see if it would stay on, once the laptop is on the desktop screen put the battery back in then remove the AC adapter and see if it would stay on.
- Next to try is to uninstall/reinstall the "microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery" from Device Manager.
- If all these will not work last resort would be to do a clean install of Windows and if that will not solve the problem then it lies inside the laptops motherboard.