Debating between 2 different headphones

Griffsbrown

Honorable
May 10, 2013
So the two are:
Audio-Technica ATH-M40FS
Sennheiser HD 429
So please tell me which you find better or tell me if there is any others you would recommend in the similar price range. Thanks.

Solution
i personally use a pair of audiotechnica headphones the ath-m50s and it is definitely a good solid pair of headphones.

depending on where you buy it the price can range from $80 on up to $150 or so. there are definitely deals to be had if you look.

both audiotechnica and sennheiser are regarded as good brands to go with. sorry i cannot tell you which is better since i have not listened to either model personally. audio can be a funny thing like that... i wouldnt recommend a product i havent listed to personally.

i can say that although the model i have is plastic it is very solid and well built. short of throwing them against a wall or dropping them from the second story they should hold up fine. they come with a 1/4 inch photo plug...
i personally use a pair of audiotechnica headphones the ath-m50s and it is definitely a good solid pair of headphones.

depending on where you buy it the price can range from $80 on up to $150 or so. there are definitely deals to be had if you look.

both audiotechnica and sennheiser are regarded as good brands to go with. sorry i cannot tell you which is better since i have not listened to either model personally. audio can be a funny thing like that... i wouldnt recommend a product i havent listed to personally.

i can say that although the model i have is plastic it is very solid and well built. short of throwing them against a wall or dropping them from the second story they should hold up fine. they come with a 1/4 inch photo plug which screws off to reveal a standard 3.5mm. the cable is also very thick and solid unlike some brands which is a good thing. the only issue is that over time the earpads will start to get hard and crack but this is fairly common and you can get replacement pads. i've only heard of a few headphones where the pads do not do this. you could always use a headphone sock (really just a cut tube sock) if you want to protect the pads at the expense of altering the sound. personally i think spending $10-15 on new pads every few years isnt a huge deal. (mine are at least 2 years old and i still have the original pads but want to get a replacement set eventually as i'm JUST starting to see some of this hardness).

anyways... just some thoughts.

Solution