Dedicaded Graphics GPU not working

gvugbuy

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
I have been using a Sony Vaio SVE14A15FN for almost 3 years now with specifications:-
Core i5-2450M 2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz
4GB Ram
AMD Radeon 7670HD(1GB)/Intel HD Graphics 3000
Windows 7

About 2 weeks ago, I switched the cooling fan setting to 'priority to ventilation' from Amd Catalyst Control Centre , and the next time i tried to play Fifa it game me an unresponsive black screen so i turned off the laptop from the power button. Thinking it to be a problem with the game i tried to play a few other games and the same thing happened, each time having to turn it off manually. The next time i tried to play a FHD movie and the same thing happened. After a few times like this the laptop didnt even turn on, giving me the VAIO black screen forever.

I gave the laptop to be checked in a repair shop and they think it to be a graphics card problem.
I used to to play games on it for 2-3 days a week on an average for 4-5 hours and the laptop did used to get very hot. Being it my first gaming laptop i never thought that heating could be an issue but i think it to be true.

I would like to really know what is the actual problem in the laptop and what can be the solutions ?

emtasty123

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014
You know what, I think it might be that its time to get a new laptop. Get all of your files onto another PC and put them back once you get a new one. You'r specs are pretty bad. Whats your budget?

gvugbuy

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

I am really not thinking about a new laptop, this one was working perfectly until now, and the games i used to play like Fifa 14, GTA 4, Bioshock Infinite etc. used to play pretty good by my standards.

gvugbuy

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Also, I had a guy tried to put in a new 7670 graphic card but he said that it didn't "support" it. What does it exactly mean and how can that happen ? And will a reflow oven still do any good after that ?