Dedicated Video ram..?

Joshua_69

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Okay so i have 12gb s of ram installed on my desktop. And i dedicated 2GBS to video ram would it make any difference in gaming? my cpu is a AMD A4-6300 APU with radeon HD 8370D i have no gpu installed, just apu. will it make any difference or would it slow down my pc?

I HAVE A DESKTOP.

Solution
We're talking about an igpu here, it uses only system ram for vram, it has no dedicated.

You have enough ram that it won't slow it down. But more vram does not mean it's better. It won't even use that much.

littleleo

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
If you are assigning desktop system RAM to your integrated video I would expect it will probably slow it down. People complain about the GTX 970 .5 RAM slowing stuff down when it's tapped and that is on the VGA card not on the motherboard.

littleleo

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
If his video is having to access the RAM off the motherboard that may slow him down. I used to see that happen in the past but I have to admit I've not played with APUs perhaps they are different. And the games he is playing may not need the 2GBs he has set aside for it. Since you've already got it set up fire it up and see if it has any effect at all and let us know, inquiring minds want to know. If it does just un-dedicate the 2GBs.

k1114

Distinguished
We're talking about an igpu here, it uses only system ram for vram, it has no dedicated.

You have enough ram that it won't slow it down. But more vram does not mean it's better. It won't even use that much.

Solution