Solved! Defective Battery?

cpoullas

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
I recently bought a new battery for my HP nx6325. Here's the link to the battery I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170645736573&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:US:1123#ht_1953wt_930

I just found out the battery is from China, so it probably wasn't the best purchase on my part. Anyways, this is what the battery does: It will charge to 100%, and will drain down to about 57%. However, once it reaches 57%, the battery instantly drops to 7%. Is this is a defective battery that I should send back, or is my laptop defective? I do not have another battery to test my laptop with. I hope someone can help!

Solution
The battery is defective. Get it replaced, don't fret about the battery being made in China. If you open up your laptop, you'll notice that china is written all over it... I found a chinese sticker in our old HP...

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
The battery is defective. Get it replaced, don't fret about the battery being made in China. If you open up your laptop, you'll notice that china is written all over it... I found a chinese sticker in our old HP...

Solution

cpoullas

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
I sent the battery back and received a new one from the company. This battery does the same thing the other one does. Here's what it does exactly:
The battery will charge to 100%. Once it reaches around 50%, it instantly drops to 7% (always 7%), and then dies. Is there something wrong with these batteries I'm getting or is something wrong with my laptop?

cpoullas

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Yes, but I figure that I'd be better off just keeping the battery because it costed 30 bucks, and I already would be paying 10 bucks to send the battery back yet again. The battery works, just only halfway of what it should. I asked the company to test the battery that I originally sent back to them to determine whether my laptop is defective or the batteries are.