Review Degoo review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2020
Simple, affordable cloud storage for photos.

Degoo review : Read more
For a "secure" site that you can backup to. This is not one. I got an email today from Degoo telling me they were going to cancel my account because they found copyright software on it. DUH I backed up my acronis software and now I am being told they will cancel my account? What kind of backup service is this. I am not sharing any files, just using it for backkup. I even paid for a lifetime subscription. This is not a secure backup solution, especially if they are snooping around on your backups. If you use them, make sure to encrypt even your backups, because they will terminate you, just for backing up your own paid for software. NOTE: All the software backed up I have paid for and have proof.

Detected copyright infringement

Hi
I'm the Degoo Bot. I do automated work to ensure that Degoo remains safe and that everyone abides by the terms and conditions. Unfortunately I've detected that you've uploaded content which violates someone else's copyright. This violates our terms and conditions. Therefore your account will be terminated in 2 weeks.

If you feel I've done a mistake you're welcome to submit an appeal by clicking the button below. The appeal will be reviewed by a human. Be sure to submit as much detailed information as possible, to help verify that no copyright was violated.

Some of the files I detected were:
AcronisTrueImage2016_6589.exe
AcronisTrueImage2017_ur_en-US.msi
AcronisTrueImage2014_6688_en-US.exe
AcronisTrueImage2017_is_8053.exe
AcronisTrueImage2016_web.exe
AcronisTrueImage2016_6581.iso
AcronisTrueImage2016_web (1).exe
AcronisTrueImage2017.iso

All the best
The Degoo Bot​

Aug 10, 2020
Yeah, I have a 10 TB lifetime plan, I also got a message from Degoo Bot. They promised a "zero-knowledge" platform, I got a similar erogenous email. They're actively scanning, and reviewing what I have archived. What if it's something private and personal? That I absolutely under NO CONDITION want anyone to review? I do not feel comfortable with this. "Paid users also get zero-knowledge, end-to-end encryption, which is a pretty heavy-duty security feature. Zero-knowledge encryption means that you’re the only one who knows your password. Not even Degoo can access your files. Of course, you’ll want to be careful turning this encryption on, since Degoo won’t be able to help you if you ever forget your password. " I don't think this is "zero knowledge".

Aug 10, 2020
Even after deleting all my files off their server, I get an email from them saying look at your pictures over time and it had links to my pictures still. Even after I had deleted everything. I don't think they actually delete anything.

Sep 1, 2020
I too have been kicked off Degoo's "lifetime" plan. They claim I have copyrighted material. A. I DON'T B. The appeal process is joke, you get one shot and it's processed by a bot. C. No way to contact a human D. Why are they even looking at my files in the first place? They're mine, damn it. And it's not like I'm sharing anything either.

Please do not sign up for Degoo, it looks like the way they keep things cheap is by kicking you off arbitrarily.

I am not amused.

Sep 13, 2020
I had a 10TB lifetime account I bought for $99 dollars from stack social in Aug2019. Right after one year which is Aug2020, they sent an email that I have copyrighted content in my account, and terminated my 10TB account in 2 week. Now my account is converted to a 100GB free account. Though I see that they have not deleted my files yet. Agree with other folks here, that they make up some copy write notice in order to terminate your account or throw you out after one year of lifetime membership.

Other point - The upload speed is very slow, it will take 5-8 months to upload 1TB of data, regardless of what your home internet speed it.

This is the message I got
=

Detected copyright infringement

Hi

I'm the Degoo Bot. I do automated work to ensure that Degoo remains safe and that everyone abides by the terms and conditions. Unfortunately I've detected that you've uploaded content which violates someone else's copyright. This violates our terms and conditions. Therefore your account will be terminated in 2 weeks.

Sep 23, 2020
It is totally unrealistic that you backup your computer and not have anything that was copyrighted. I mean, we are talking music/software/art etc. So this company is basically doing a bait and switch. We'll take all your money for a lifetime, but we won't do lifetime because our bot does a "gotcha" on copyright. Who doesn't want to backup their memories? Well, if you have a video of you dancing to your fav tune, guess what, the bot finds you guilty of copyright. And who the heck shares stuff out of a storage solution? This is just wrong. This company is run by a bunch of LIARS. Don't buy this storage backup. They are just interested in your money and not giving you a storage backup.

Sep 29, 2020
Happened to me too! What a scam!!
I went to stacksocial and put in a complaint, I suggest you all do as well, hopefully they will stop promoting Degoo products. Gotta fight back againt these thieves any way you can!

carnbot

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2013
I guess the only way to use this service is encrypting it first before uploading. Then bots can't access the data. Has anyone had experience using the service this way?
I'm surprised the review didn't go deep enough to find the negative feedback the company has got.

Status
Not open for further replies.