Deleted hdmi option as a playback device on my Acer laptop

Nucklez1

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I have an Acer laptop and would like to retrieve the option to have my hdmi connection show up in playback deices but i can't find it. I can not find any tab to show hidden device and do not have the option of setting my default audio playback device. I just have the one option of the laptop speakers. Please help. Thanks.

Solution
Well, you wouldn't see anything but the default speakers unless something else is connected at the time. Disconnect it and they won't show in your list.

The show hidden devices only works if one has been hidden on that machine. And not all versions of windows have that option either. When you go into "Control Panel" and then "Sounds" you should be able to right click on the empty space on the screen and see "Show Disabled" and "Show Disconnected". The same can be done in any of the tabs (Playback, etc.,).

If you don't see that option/device listed after you have it connected, then I would look into if the drivers for that device are even installed.
Well, you wouldn't see anything but the default speakers unless something else is connected at the time. Disconnect it and they won't show in your list.

The show hidden devices only works if one has been hidden on that machine. And not all versions of windows have that option either. When you go into "Control Panel" and then "Sounds" you should be able to right click on the empty space on the screen and see "Show Disabled" and "Show Disconnected". The same can be done in any of the tabs (Playback, etc.,).

If you don't see that option/device listed after you have it connected, then I would look into if the drivers for that device are even installed.

Solution