Rayven2

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
So, what do I need to know about deleting a email account? I'm no longer happy with Hotmail/Outlook for various reasons that I could go into.

I want to know which steps I need to take, for example, it's the email that's linked to all my accounts, Facebook, TomsHardware, Xbox account and so forth.

Will I simply replace the email address on each of the sites/items and then go forth with deleting it?

you have that right...any site that has your hotmail account info you have to swap it if you can with the new email account. if the issue is the new layout of hotmail you dont like you can still use 3 party clients like thunderbird as your email client. just send the email through hotmail servers.

Rayven2

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014

Thanks for the reply, my issue is that I wanted to change my password, it required me to generate a code and retrieve it from my second email account which they forced me to make as a extra security feature, so I complied, however once I tried to log into the second one and see the email, it told me to create and send information to yet a third email! With the excuse of 'Call us overprotective but'.

It angered me to no end that they try make us jump through so many hoops or obtain a phone number from us, next they'll ask for a blood sample... eh.