dell alienware 13 or Lenovo y50

Solution
Between the two laptops I prefer the 15.6" Lenovo Y50-70.

I have no problems playing games at 1366x768 (Alienware 13), but if I can play at higher resolutions then to me that would be better even if I have to drop graphics quality a little bit. However, when simply using the laptop to do work / or surf the web I much prefer a 1080p screen because I can see a lot more information on the screen compared to a 1366x768 resolution screen.

I have a 14" Lenovo Y470 which only has a 1366x768 resolution screen, and I pretty much hate using when I wanted to surf the web or do anything other than playing games on it. Right now I simply use it to play videos while I am on my other laptop (1080p screen) doing whatever. I will likely replace it...
Between the two laptops I prefer the 15.6" Lenovo Y50-70.

I have no problems playing games at 1366x768 (Alienware 13), but if I can play at higher resolutions then to me that would be better even if I have to drop graphics quality a little bit. However, when simply using the laptop to do work / or surf the web I much prefer a 1080p screen because I can see a lot more information on the screen compared to a 1366x768 resolution screen.

I have a 14" Lenovo Y470 which only has a 1366x768 resolution screen, and I pretty much hate using when I wanted to surf the web or do anything other than playing games on it. Right now I simply use it to play videos while I am on my other laptop (1080p screen) doing whatever. I will likely replace it with a laptop that has a 1080p screen when laptops are released later this year that has Intel's Skylake generation CPUs.

Solution