Dell Battery suddenly not identified - Battery is good but not charging and not powering laptop

Mikosphera

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
My Inspiron 3521 battery suddenly is not being identified by laptop. The battery was working fine, holding charge for a couple of hrs.
Laptop will only run with the AC supply.
Battery shows 100% charged but will not run the laptop, It will run a 12V vacuum cleaner though so it has enough juice.
Tried draining the static and flashing BIOS, got nothing.
Any Ideas?
Any way to bypass Dell Battery identification?
THX

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it up again and see if it will hold the charge or not.
- If will still not work, do to Device Manager and uninstall/reinstall the battery driver.
- Next to try if it will still not work is to do a battery calibration.
- http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2342991/calibrate-battery-windows-laptops.html
- If all these will not work, last option would be to replace the battery itself.

Mikosphera

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Thx LN, I have tried the hard reboot got nothing.
Device manager got nothing.
Battery calibration, can't do it. If I unplug the AC, computer shuts down.

I get the warning at boot, "battery not identified" and have to press F1 to continue. So I don't think it has anything to do with drivers.
Battery LED is flashing orange/white/orange/white.....

The problem seems to be with the circuit/chip on the battery itself. For what I understand, this chip tells the laptop that the battery is a Dell battery. The battery itself is ok power wise, just not identified as a Dell battery so the laptop doesn't use it.

is there any way to bypass the Dell battery identification?

Is there anything as a generic BIOS?