Dell E5450 Not Turning On After Windows 10 Upgrade

milky786

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Hello,

Turned laptop on and was notified that it was upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 Pro. Then Kmode exception was displayed. Went to turn on a day later to sort out the issue, it would not turn on! The power button, whether plugged in to charger or not, would light up for a second or 2 then turn off. I disconnected battery, still no luck. Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If the same problem will persist proceed with reseating the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not boot up, try a different AC adapter that is the same with your charger and see if it will boot up or not.
- If using a different AC adapter will work that means your's is already faulty.
- Do also try removing the battery again and connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up or not.

milky786

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Hello,

Thank you but no luck.
-I removed battery and held power button for more than 20 seconds.
-I removed battery and hard drive and held power button for more than 20 seconds.
-I removed ram, hdd and battery, held Power button for more than 20 seconds.
-I removed ram alone and held power button for more than 20 seconds
-I did try a different charger and no luck, although not with ram removed, will try again

The only sign of life is that the laptop charging light turns on when any charger is plugged in

Thank you