Dell Extends Lifeline Of Windows XP PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they have to force Vista down our throats some how. I am surprised that on day one MS did not say sorry no more XP. By the way there will no longer be any XP updates and we will be secretly releasing a supervirus to disable all XP machines forcing an immediate Vista upgrade.

nukemaster

Distinguished
XP has had a 8 year run, longer then any version of windows to date. Its only natural that they want to sell more vista. The more they sell, the more the lazy ass driver developers get there act together. Vista is not the problem, for the most part its the drivers(Many do not quite work right(creative lacks features and stability, Nvidia had several issues), but they had the new driver model long time before vista hit the selves.)

XP had just as many problems when it came out(maybe even more), but after 8 years its been almost perfected. Vista is moving along faster then XP did(most things are taken care of faster then similar issues on XP).

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I agree with nukemaster. XP was horrible when it first came out, people seem to have such a short memory for these kind of things. I also remember people complaining to no end about what a resource hog XP was and how its requirements were ridiculous. Now today we hear the same thing about Vista. Give it another year and I'm sure it will be fine. Once XP updates stop I think the adoption rate of Vista will drastically increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.