Solved! Dell G5 15 battery life?

May 30, 2018
It's a gaming laptop but I don't plan to game on this on battery power, I just need it to last me at work for at least 6 hours - college work: web browsing, minor office apps, light video (YouTube). Moderate use, maybe? I know I could probably find an answer online but I was hoping if somebody with experience with the laptop knows.

Rather than go through the components I thought it would be more convenient to link the spec sheet (although, no mention of battery is made): http://

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Giving us the SKU to your laptop would've been more helpful. Regardless, if you don't/won't game on the laptop when at work, you can set it to power saving mode whereby the laptop should be sipping on power. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop's motherboard and ensure that you have as little apps during startup as possible. Background apps will consume resources which will drain power from the laptop.

You won't essentially get 6 hours but if you're careful, with dimmed screen and letting screen turn off when not in use, then it should help prolong battery hold up time.

Lutfij

Splendid
Giving us the SKU to your laptop would've been more helpful. Regardless, if you don't/won't game on the laptop when at work, you can set it to power saving mode whereby the laptop should be sipping on power. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop's motherboard and ensure that you have as little apps during startup as possible. Background apps will consume resources which will drain power from the laptop.

You won't essentially get 6 hours but if you're careful, with dimmed screen and letting screen turn off when not in use, then it should help prolong battery hold up time.

Solution