Dell inspirion L502X laptop , after full charge of 9 cell battery I suddenly get orange white flickering of battery .now as it

sakshi_3

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
9 cell Battery light flickering 4 orange to 1white after 98% full charging .Now my laptop is not charging with same adapter .what could be issue ? Batteries,charger or laptop .my laptop is Dell inspirion L502X .

How to fix that my battery could charge again normally ?

Solution
Well, if the battery is the problem, there is no way to 'fix' it. All you can do is replace it. It, however, may not be the battery and may be the charger cord.

Try turning off the laptop and connecting the cord. Does it charge when off?

If yes, it charges when turned off, but not when turned on, then the cord is most likely your issue. When the cord is damaged (and you don't have to see the damage) it will often only put out part of the necessary power to both power the device and charge the battery.

In this case you would need to replace the cord.

Now if it won't charge no matter if the laptop is turned off or on, then it could be the battery needs replacing, or the charging circuit in the laptop is bad.
Well, if the battery is the problem, there is no way to 'fix' it. All you can do is replace it. It, however, may not be the battery and may be the charger cord.

Try turning off the laptop and connecting the cord. Does it charge when off?

If yes, it charges when turned off, but not when turned on, then the cord is most likely your issue. When the cord is damaged (and you don't have to see the damage) it will often only put out part of the necessary power to both power the device and charge the battery.

In this case you would need to replace the cord.

Now if it won't charge no matter if the laptop is turned off or on, then it could be the battery needs replacing, or the charging circuit in the laptop is bad.

Solution

__SID__

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Usually if the cord is the issue, the laptop will say the charger is not compatible or some sort of error when you startup/or in windows.

Check the Dell Battery Meter (right-click the battery icon in windows and select Dell Battery Meter (it should tell you the 'health' of the battery)

The chargers are quite cheap to replace, so is battery but it won't hold charge unless you buy the original ones (not worth it)