Dell Inspiron 13 NGFF Wifi antenna IPEX MHF4 full of super glue, help

pcmentor

Estimable
May 8, 2014
Dell Inspiron 13 7000. Previous "tech" stuck the Main antenna connector on with what appears to be super glue. Connector is full of glue where it's supposed to press over the ring on the new card. I brushed a little acetone on it but no good. Should I soak it in acetone overnight? Don't know if the black rubber or plastic inside the connector is acetone proof. Any one dealt with this before? Thanks

Without going into the whole superglue usage, I have to ask, if it is working, why mess with it? Now if it isn't working, then I can see the reason to want to.

Alas, 'most' forms of plastic will not hold up well against acetone. Plus the fact that the superglue itself will have damaged the plastic when it connected with it. So unless the parts are not functioning correctly and need to be removed, I would leave it be.

If it is giving you problems, then you are probably going to have to replace any part with the glue on it.

pcmentor

Estimable
May 8, 2014

I forgot to say it is disconnected now. I got a suggestion to use my dental pick. Super glue is said to be brittle. Thanks for the reply.