Dell Inspiron 15" 3000 not charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcrkaity

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
Ok here's the deal.. I bought my laptop in July, and in December, I put the laptop in sleep mode for 10 mins (with full charge) then tried to turn it back on and I've had nothing since.

If the charger is plugged into the wall and not the laptop, the light on the charger is on. When I then plug it into the laptop, the light turns off, with no light on either laptop or charger, and still does not turn on...

Any ideas, guys??

Thanks in advance

Solution
If possible, then check out if the power adapter is OK. If you have a multimeter at home, you can check it yourself.
If not, try to start the laptop with a spare charger (of identical output) if available.
If nothing is available, take it to a service center. I hope yours is within the warranty period.

Rit_86

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Do the following steps and see if it helps.
Switch of everything and unplug the charger from the laptop.
Take the battery out.
Plug the charger to the laptop and the power supply and switch your laptop on.
If it switches on, your laptop is OK, the battery is the problem part.
If it switches on, again turn it off, unplug, put the battery back and give it around 10 minutes charge and then switch it on. If it works normally for sometime, your problem is solved.

Mcrkaity

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015

Just tried it! Doesn't do anything without the battery, and still, the charger light is on until I plug it into the laptop, the it turns off

Rit_86

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
If possible, then check out if the power adapter is OK. If you have a multimeter at home, you can check it yourself.
If not, try to start the laptop with a spare charger (of identical output) if available.
If nothing is available, take it to a service center. I hope yours is within the warranty period.

Solution

gsaneja01

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015

The jack that goes in has dust accumulated or it is too sensitive to insignificant amount of dust; i just blowed air in the charger's jack and it started charging; watched some video on youtube that showed that the hollow round part of the charger jack is where the charging happens and the pin is just a sensor to confirm if the charger is genuine dell charger

Status
Not open for further replies.