Dell Inspiron 15-3521 Blank Screen Issues

inshead

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
What I was told about this laptop is that it was in use when the user heard a noise then the computer turned off. (I'm not sure how accurate this description is so take this with a grain of salt.) When I received the laptop I could tell it powered on. LEDs are lit when powering on, is receiving a charge, heatsink fan is on, etc. The HDD LED never lights or blinks so I took the HDD out to connect to my desktop with an adapter and was able to see it fine.

From this point I tried an external monitor (Only an HDMI port available), checking the brightness, checking the backlight (Cant see any logos or anything with light), reseatted RAM, reseated cables and connections, have even gone as far as trying to 'reflow' the GPU using a heat gun. Looking for any other possible options or suggestions at this point. My last option is the motherboard needing replaced.

Solution
Hi,

It seems like you've done most of the possible troubleshooting with your laptop. But please do try and connect the external monitor again then press the Windows key + P then press Enter on your keyboard and see if you'll get any display from it. If that doesn't work, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and try to boot it up again. If all these doesn't work and yes that's your motherboard that is faulty.
Hi,

It seems like you've done most of the possible troubleshooting with your laptop. But please do try and connect the external monitor again then press the Windows key + P then press Enter on your keyboard and see if you'll get any display from it. If that doesn't work, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and try to boot it up again. If all these doesn't work and yes that's your motherboard that is faulty.

Solution