Dell Inspiron 15 3541back-lit keyboard

Solution
Backlight is an option on that model and you can change it out if you are adept at working on notebooks. I do a lot of laptop rebuilds and usually EBay is the go to place for Dell parts (the best deals are often out of China). For your model, HERE is a compatible backlit KB, insure that you also get the optional backlit ribbon needed for that model as you will see in the manual referenced below.

The first thing to do though is download the Dell Service Manual to decide if you can do it yourself. And if you do, careful with the ribbon cables.

RealBeast

Distinguished
Backlight is an option on that model and you can change it out if you are adept at working on notebooks. I do a lot of laptop rebuilds and usually EBay is the go to place for Dell parts (the best deals are often out of China). For your model, HERE is a compatible backlit KB, insure that you also get the optional backlit ribbon needed for that model as you will see in the manual referenced below.

The first thing to do though is download the Dell Service Manual to decide if you can do it yourself. And if you do, careful with the ribbon cables.

Solution

azuremoonbeam2010

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
the link appears to have both ribbons attached as a part of laptop... unless you mean something else... if thats the case can you also link the needed ribbion?

Hi, the ribbon is part of the keyboard, but make sure before you order the keyboard that you have the connector for the backlight on the motherboard.

azuremoonbeam2010

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
to know that i have to open it right?

RealBeast

Distinguished
I've never had to buy a separate ribbon, almost all vendors include the needed one when it isn't the same as the non-backlit ribbon. Just be aware of the attachments during install and follow the service manual. It is actually quite easy to completely disassemble and change out any parts on a Dell laptop in my experience.