Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series running windows 10 blue screen

Tomerlinaz

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
Powered it see Dell banner then goes to blue screen and then to black screen. Tried holding power button for 58 seconds and able to do system repair/restore me when it's done I restart and then it fails. Did this 3 times same thing it fails. Any other solution?

Solution
BIOS is Basic I/O System, it uses the Power On Self Test (POST) software to check the hardware before Windows is loaded. BIOS also saves settings like date and time. If more than 1 short beep is given it means that something hardware level is wrong, 1 beep (or nothing) means that everything is alright according to the check.

In the advanced troubleshooting options, open command prompt and enter
chkdsk C: /r
sfc /scannow
C: is assumed that the Windows partition letter is C, if it isn't change C to the letter of the Windows partition.

To check what the Windows partition letter is, run following commands, the one with 'Boot' under info is the Windows partition.
diskpart
list volume

NOTE: it may take several hours for the commands to...

Tomerlinaz

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017

It's completely blue. Don't know how to get to Bios or even know what it is.

axe0axe0

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
BIOS is Basic I/O System, it uses the Power On Self Test (POST) software to check the hardware before Windows is loaded. BIOS also saves settings like date and time. If more than 1 short beep is given it means that something hardware level is wrong, 1 beep (or nothing) means that everything is alright according to the check.

In the advanced troubleshooting options, open command prompt and enter
chkdsk C: /r
sfc /scannow
C: is assumed that the Windows partition letter is C, if it isn't change C to the letter of the Windows partition.

To check what the Windows partition letter is, run following commands, the one with 'Boot' under info is the Windows partition.
diskpart
list volume

NOTE: it may take several hours for the commands to finish. DO NOT interrupt it in any way, interruption could cause the system to become unbootable and repair may be more difficult.

Solution

axe0axe0

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017

Usually you need to keep hitting the F2 key with Dell laptops right after powering on.