Dell Inspiron 15 7567: Possibility of Adding Two 240GB SSD For Windows And Ubuntu Dual Boot

otjutt

Estimable
May 30, 2015
Hi,

I hope that you all are doing great. I'm looking to purchase a new laptop. Need both Windows (for gaming) and Ubuntu (for work).

Laptop that is under consideration is Dell Inspiron 15 7567. I need to customize it and need some suggestions.

The version that I'm purchasing comes with 500GB HDD and 128GB SSD. I'm looking to replace 500GB with 240GB SSD and install Ubuntu on it. And 128GB SSD with 240GB SSD and install Windows on it.

Here I've following questions:

1) When I'll create a Windows 10 media key from initial installation and then install new 240GB SSD and install Windows 10 on it then will it void / invalidate my Windows 10 key?

2) Is the above mentioned customization possible? Will I be able to dual boot both OSes without any issues?

3) Since both OSes will be on SSD so I believe that switching between one OS to another will be a matter of only 3 to 4 minutes. Correct?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
1. No. It should simply activate itself.

2. Yes.

3. Probably. Reboot and select the desired OS.
Install Windows first, then Linux. The Linux install should create a GRUB menu, showing you a list of potential OS's to boot into.

USAFRet

Illustrious
1. No. It should simply activate itself.

2. Yes.

3. Probably. Reboot and select the desired OS.
Install Windows first, then Linux. The Linux install should create a GRUB menu, showing you a list of potential OS's to boot into.

Solution

otjutt

Estimable
May 30, 2015

Thanks! I truly appreciate your reply.