Dell Inspiron 1525

Jacxl2b1

Estimable
Apr 12, 2015
Hello everyone so I agreed to fix a friends laptop screen. I've replaced quite a few screens in the passed so I agreed after watching countless guides on how to replace it so I thought what the hell easy fix. Now here is where I ran into a few issues. For a while the screen wouldn't light up after I replaced it. It took it some time but now all i got is a shaky double screen that is pink and green. I wanted to see if there was anything else wrong with the laptop but the friend no longer remembers the password. They do not have any recovery disks for the password. I was hoping someone could help with A. Making sure the screen fully works with no shaky green/pink screen. and B. Be able to reset the password and or reset the laptop to its factory settings. Thanks in advance

p.s. opened up the laptop multiple times and double checked that all the wires were properly attached and so forth

Jacxl2b1

Estimable
Apr 12, 2015

No the ribbon cables are the same ones that came with the laptop. I've never had to replace the cables before so didn't do so now