Dell Inspiron 15R 7520 wifi drops out in Windows 10

MJinCincy

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
My son has a Dell Inspiron 15R 7520 notebook. It has been a workhorse and always worked great. He recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now he is having all kinds of problems with wireless connections. He will be connected when he initially boots up, but then it drops. He has the Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 adapter. I have updated this and even turned off the Power Management option, "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" which was suggested in a forum. I even had Microsoft's Windows 10 support team look at it and they declared it Windows 10 compatible. (Big help that was!) I am at my wits end and I know you guys are smarter than I am. Does anyone have any suggestions. I appreciate it! Thanks.

Solution
You said you updated the current driver he's using, but did he go to Dell's website specifically and download the new ethernet drivers for Windows 10? If he didn't, I would do that first and see what happens. Windows has a habit of thinking they know what's best for you, and this sounds like one of those cases. He also needs to update the chipset driver package as well if Windows didn't do it for him.

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
You said you updated the current driver he's using, but did he go to Dell's website specifically and download the new ethernet drivers for Windows 10? If he didn't, I would do that first and see what happens. Windows has a habit of thinking they know what's best for you, and this sounds like one of those cases. He also needs to update the chipset driver package as well if Windows didn't do it for him.

Solution