Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520 switchable graphics not working

zhengtianxi

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
Hello everyone,
I bought a second-hand laptop a while ago, the Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520. The laptop should have (and I confirmed both through device manager and by physically opening the laptop) two graphical processors, the HD 4000 for low power use and the ATI Radeon HD 7730M for more demanding applications. The laptop is currently running on Windows 10 Pro build 1809. The problem is that there is no way to actually use that 7730M, which can be confirmed by AMD system monitor and not being able to run apps such as GTA V. I have tried many things including:

-Updating BIOS to the latest version

-Changing the application graphical settings through AMD catalyst control center (CCC)

-Installing both Intel HD and AMD drivers from Dell's website which can be found here:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cadhs1/product-support/product/inspiron-15r-se-7520/drivers
AMD system monitor shows the 7730M at 0% usage through a Cinebench R15 graphical run even with Cinebench R15 set to high performance in CCC

-Uninstalling previous drivers using DDU in safe mode

-Installing Leshcat Unifl drivers found here:
http://leshcatlabs.net/downloads_unfil/
Using the Unifl Installation assistant, or manually installing both Intel and AMD drivers, in whichever order does not solve the problem.
Installing CCC or Radeon control center yields the same result, 0% usage
A full DDU was made before every attempt

From what I read on Dell community support, the graphic is muxless which means I can't disable the low power one and rely solely on the 7730M.

If anyone has any idea how to solve this issue please let me know as I would really want to make use of the laptop's full power.
Thank you in advance

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
merksu81 Laptop Tech Support 3
Jehosaphet1 Laptop Tech Support 6
D Laptop Tech Support 1
Ay111Z Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 5
C Laptop Tech Support 0
alphaa10 Laptop Tech Support 3
vodo1988 Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1