Dell Inspiron 3000 3137 11.6 inch laptop - ghost touch

badkuk2009

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Hi All,

So i've been using my Dell laptop for a little under a year now, then just last week i keep getting ghost touches on the right portion of the screen. i've already tried to upgrade the drivers/software but the problem is still there.

My laptop is currently running Windows 10, but the ghost touch problem wasn't there initially. i tried booting up using Ubuntu, and it didn't have this issue, so i'm hopeful this is just a software bug.

Any suggestions other than updating the drivers?

If that doesn't work, is there any way of disabling the touchscreen? Better a non-touchscreen laptop than a buggy touchscreen laptop.

tia

Hi,

There might be a calibration problem with your touchscreen feature and yes you can just disable the touchscreen feature of it as well.

How to Calibrate:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows-8/touch-pen-settings-faq#

How to Disable Touchscreen feature.
- Go to Device Manager and expand Human Interface Devices
- Look to HID-Complaint touch screen
- Right click on it and select Disable
- That should temporarily disable touch screen.

badkuk2009

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Sorry forgot to mention that i tried the touchscreen calibration a few times already, same issue.

re touchscreen disabling: kinda got tunnel vision and was expecting a BIOS-related solution. Will try this out ^_^

badkuk2009

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Managed to disable the touchscreen, but now the trackpad is acting up - the left and right buttons won't work. i can only left-click by tapping the touchpad.

fyi, i tried booting it up using ubuntu, and i still get the ghost touches...so most likely this is already a hardware issue.