Dell Inspiron 3541 runs fine, but beeped three times on start up and then two times on start up next day. Need for concern?

Matityahu

Estimable
Nov 8, 2015
My laptop beeped three times when I turned it on, but otherwise booted up as normal. When I restarted it there was no beep until I opened my browser and got one beep. That night I shut down my computer. This morning when I turned my computer on it beeped twice, but otherwise is working normally and there was no beep when I opened the browser. I restarted my computer and got no beeps. (It is not really a beep anyway, more of like "Neeeh" not as high pitched as I think of a "beep"). Should I be concerned? My computer runs fine.

Solution
Hi,

Beeping can be a result of a hardware failure to load properly or might just be a BIOS error. Here are some troubleshooting steps that I got from some other members who had the same issue.
1. BIOS update - check the manufacturers website for any BIOS update for your laptop.
2. RAM reseating - open your laptop and reseat the RAM, take them off the laptop for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
3. General Cleaning - You can open the laptop and make sure that it;'s free from dust that may stop the fans from spinning freely.
Hi,

Beeping can be a result of a hardware failure to load properly or might just be a BIOS error. Here are some troubleshooting steps that I got from some other members who had the same issue.
1. BIOS update - check the manufacturers website for any BIOS update for your laptop.
2. RAM reseating - open your laptop and reseat the RAM, take them off the laptop for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
3. General Cleaning - You can open the laptop and make sure that it;'s free from dust that may stop the fans from spinning freely.

Solution