dell inspiron 5555 SSD replacement

Sameer_17

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
I got a new dell inspiron 15 5000 series (5555 model). I have a crucial BX200 240GB SSD i want to put in place of the existing 1Tb HDD in the laptop. Every time i replace it the laptop doesnt detect any HDD and goes into troubleshoting mode. I tried using another internal HDD of 320 GB which i had but the laptop doesnt accept that also. So now i know it's not a problem with the HDD or SSD but with the laptop or some settings. Please help.

Solution
Try cloning the current information on your HDD to the SSD. That is what I did with my Dell Inspiron 5555 and it reduced the amount of Disk I was using from 99% to 0% After you have successfully installed your SSD, make your HDD an external drive to keep the 1TB you already have. Good Luck! I hope this helped.

CaseyisOPgaming

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
Try cloning the current information on your HDD to the SSD. That is what I did with my Dell Inspiron 5555 and it reduced the amount of Disk I was using from 99% to 0% After you have successfully installed your SSD, make your HDD an external drive to keep the 1TB you already have. Good Luck! I hope this helped.

Solution