Dell Inspiron 5800 VERY Slow

Philip_45

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
Hello erry1,

Have a quick question about my Dell Inspiron 5800. I've had this laptop for a year and half with quite decent performance. However, just this week, my laptop started running at incredibly slow speeds.

Currently running a full critical scan and then I'll be doing a defragmentation to see if that'll help my computer. Even then, the critical scan is slow af. I've been stuck at 1% for a good amount of time.

I'm not sure if I have a virus or if some hardware just is dying, but one thing I noticed was that when I turn on my computer, the fan in the laptop starts working really hard/very audible.

Could any of you guys give me some tips on what to do? I have a bad feeling that my scan/defrag won't help with the situation.

Sank u

P.s. yes I've restarted my computer

Solution
Something in Windows might be broken, try booting into safe mode. Right when you power on the laptop begin pressing F8 repeatedly in about 1 second intervals, this should bring you to a screen where you can start in safe mode. If this works, restore Windows to a previous restore point once Windows has loaded. Other than that all I can think of is reinstalling Windows to see if it fixes the problem, best wait for more answers from more experienced people before doing that.

geo141

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Something in Windows might be broken, try booting into safe mode. Right when you power on the laptop begin pressing F8 repeatedly in about 1 second intervals, this should bring you to a screen where you can start in safe mode. If this works, restore Windows to a previous restore point once Windows has loaded. Other than that all I can think of is reinstalling Windows to see if it fixes the problem, best wait for more answers from more experienced people before doing that.

Solution