Dell Inspiron 7520 power on problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

deto77

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hello,

My Dell 7520 got a little problem. If it runs, it runs perfectly ... if "it runs". I mean when I press power button to start it, it's starting but after 2 second (just like the screen normally turns on and shows "Dell" logo) it turns off. And that's strange because sometimes it starts after .. 5 tries ... and today by example after 50 tries :( What can cause this problem? I called Dell ... they said it's turn on switch (which I don't believe it is) or motherboard (which cost 300+$ in dell).

Solution
Might try getting a copy of the latest BIOS and next time it does start flash the BIOS, might also try booting to an OS disk in the CD drive if one available
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If the same problem will persist, remove the battery off the laptop again then connect just the AC adapter and observe if it will boot up normally or not.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and observe if it will work or not.
- Next to try would be to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making everything is seated properly.
- And another troubleshooting step would be to open the laptop and clean the inside of it from dust and apply new thermal paste on the CPU.
- If all these will not work last option would be to have the motherboard replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.