Dell Inspiron 7559

Shishudo

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I bought this laptop after reading a bunch of reviews. I feel like i'm not getting the best performance because when I run various games I'm not getting smooth game play. Does anyone have any tips as to what I can do to make this bad boy run games better? FYI - I've already went into the geforce experience and taken it off the battery saver option. I've also logged into the power options and changed it to high performance. Some specs if this will help the cause...

Geforce GTX 960M
Intel i5-6300 CPU @ 2.30
Windows 10

It's my first time posting on here guys so please let me know if you need additional information. I saw so many good reviews for this lap top so I'd love to get the best out of it.

Thank you in advance folks!

gillhooley

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
how high of Settings do you have it set to? Do you have the 4k Screen? the 960m is decent, but yo are not going to be able to play AAA titles at ultra settings.
Is it plugged into power, it will throttle on battery

Shishudo

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017

First, thanks for getting back to me. It's more of stutter than anything else. No 4K on this machine as far as I'm aware. Rocket League and I tried Bioshock Infinite that isn't terrible choppy but it does take away from the experience.

Shishudo

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017

I'm using the optimize feature on GeForce Experience. It doesn't look like it's ramping everything up to max.

Shishudo

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I figured out a way to unlock the potential of the this machine. I downloaded something called "system mechanic". It gives an option to change the settings to Ultra - Gaming Performance. I did this and the machine is working amazing. Thanks for the help folks. This program was probably not needed but it's improved my overall system performance greatly.