dell inspiron 7577 reboot loop within 5 seconds

Jun 29, 2018
when installing kali linux i messed something around with my bios setting and after my failed attempt to install kali linux on my device i went back into the bios settings and reset the setting to factory defaults since then my laptop has been restartin continuoisly within five seconds..Even the dell logo does not show up and the f12 key also doesnot work..i also tried pressing the fn key and it doesnot seem to work too.. Please help me with this issue.thank you for all your suggestions.

Solution
Assuming you did not change the Windows OS version from the time you purchased until now then try doing a factory reset ... again this would assume that you have not managed to wipe out your recovery partition.

This could at least, possibly help you get back to out of box state - Google "how to reset Dell Inspiron 7577 to factory settings" and follow your nose.

Not trying to be a killjoy as well ... but if you can't get this sorted then why the hell are you trying to learn Linux through Kali? You do know that you can configure Linux Mint or Ubuntu for example with any of the tools that Kali runs right?

Good luck

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Assuming you did not change the Windows OS version from the time you purchased until now then try doing a factory reset ... again this would assume that you have not managed to wipe out your recovery partition.

This could at least, possibly help you get back to out of box state - Google "how to reset Dell Inspiron 7577 to factory settings" and follow your nose.

Not trying to be a killjoy as well ... but if you can't get this sorted then why the hell are you trying to learn Linux through Kali? You do know that you can configure Linux Mint or Ubuntu for example with any of the tools that Kali runs right?

Good luck

Solution