Dell Inspiron 9300 No Display

yohycanti

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 running Windows XP with the following issue(s) and what I have tried. I am running on AC power as my battery is no good and have been for years. When I power on the laptop, the power light and hard drive light come on, but hard drive turns off after about 3 seconds. The bluetooth light stays on constantly. I have replaced the motherboard and bought new RAM. I have taken the hard drive out and hooked it up to my desktop and can access everything on it that way. I feel like I have tried everything, but there must be something I am missing. Any help short of throwing the laptop in the dumpster would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Oh, sorry I didn't mention it, I have no display, just a black screen. Thanks again.

Solution
You can just replace the laptop with a newer working uses system. For about $100 you can get a fast Core 2 Duo, and I've seen quite a few newer systems just a few years old for maybe $150-200.

If you replaced the motherboard, you may want to check if the power plug is wired OK and the power adapter is good.

Unless you got the RAM and motherboard for very cheap, it's really a waste of money trying to get a 10 year old laptop fixed by replacing parts.
You can just replace the laptop with a newer working uses system. For about $100 you can get a fast Core 2 Duo, and I've seen quite a few newer systems just a few years old for maybe $150-200.

If you replaced the motherboard, you may want to check if the power plug is wired OK and the power adapter is good.

Unless you got the RAM and motherboard for very cheap, it's really a waste of money trying to get a 10 year old laptop fixed by replacing parts.

Solution