ShadiGhabboun

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Dear all

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3543 Laptop with a Core i7-5500U a 4GB ram and a GT840M Graphics card.

i have to say that the laptop is amazing for my use from all aspects.

the problem with my laptop is that when i am using the laptop and its plugged ( Battery is removed) i notice that it is slower than when i am using it with the battery ... which is a bit odd since the opposite should happen so i dont know if anyone has any ideas about what to do to improve the laptop performance specially when its plugged in

thanks Alot
Best Regards

ShadiGhabboun

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

Thanks for your reply
i did use the High Performance settings and i`ve been using it for around a week on these conditions but no change still higher performance when using the battery.

note : when i say higher performance i dont mean in games or in benchmarks and software requiring high processing, i mean when using the laptop a normal use like the startup and internet surfing some application usage ...etc

ShadiGhabboun

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

That is what makes me confused ... the laptop should work faster ( Higher performance when plugged in ) and slower when on battery to save more of it but since the opposite is happening this makes it odd... actually while searching through the web i found some people talking about a feature in the bios called " SpeedStep " (or something like this ) that affects the performance i think i will try it and see what it does but at the same time any help would be appreciated