dell latitude e6430 won't turn on

cchisinde

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
hello, when i press the power button on my laptop the fans momentarily starts to run then they go off and the screen remains blank. After 5-10 seconds the HDD led starts blinking and the other 2 LED lights have solid light. whats wrong with my laptop?

Apr 12, 2019
It sounds like you may have an issue with the screen. Shine a torch on it and see if you can see anything displayed - if so, it could be your screen dimming settings, screen backlight, inverter (both are in screen panel) or at worst motherboard. You should also hook it up to an external screen using HDMI or VGA cable - if it works you can use that to check brightness settings etc.

Apr 14, 2019
Try resetting some components like the memory, hdd, and the optical drive... let me know if it works. If not then yeah it may be a problem with the screen. This is a pretty old model. !You might wanna try disconnecting the battery, removing the charger and hold the power button a full 60 seconds. Then try running it on just the charger!! But you may also need a new battery if it doesnt power up with the charger/ power already in it.