Solved! dell latitude keyboard problem

T136

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
so basicly my dell latitude e5530 keyboard stopped working. i was thinking maybe its a cable error so i bought a new cable and installed it same problems. as soon i connect the keyboard while laptop is on. the backlit works and the pointer also works but keyboard doesent. after reboot backlit not working so does keyboard. but pointer still works. what do you think guys?
is this a keyboard issue or motherboard?

edit: usb keyboard do work.

Solution
Try using the Keyboard in BIOS (F2 while Dell Splash screen) to see if you get any different results, if the keyboard doesn't work in bios i would say replace the keyboard before replacing the motherboard.

T136

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
yes because the cable was worn. so i tought might be cable issue. but after i replaced with a new cable. still do not working. keyboard havent been replaced. but i dont know why pointer works if the buttons arent. i dont think this is the keyboard. more like motherboard. thats why asking probably someone had similiar issues

Orgie

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
Try using the Keyboard in BIOS (F2 while Dell Splash screen) to see if you get any different results, if the keyboard doesn't work in bios i would say replace the keyboard before replacing the motherboard.

Solution

teewee95

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
If your keyboard does work (like if you're actually able to sign into the computer) make sure the keyboard drivers are up to date. Also, try going to settings, ease of access, keyboard and make sure "Filter Keys" are off. I for the life of me couldnt figure out why my keyboard was only allowing me to sign in, but wouldnt work once I got into the computer. This was an easy fix.

TRENDING THREADS